Shop Party Packs
Birthday Party Planning Guide
BirthdayExpress.com is every host's secret for making birthday wishes come true! Our The Avengers planning guide offers step-by-step instruction to help you plan, prepare and execute a super day for the birthday guest of honor. The helpful checklist ensures that no detail is forgotten, while the themed games and recipes take the guesswork out of finding treats and activities that complement your décor. And we know you're busy, so the entire guide is printable – keeping you organized on the fly, from balloon blow-up to confetti clean-up!
- Avengers and other superhero costumes
- Avengers and other superhero accessories
- Chalk or tape
- Laundry basket
- Set up the race track by clearly marking start and finish lines with chalk or tape.
- Assign a specific character (i.e., Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, Thor, etc.) to each child.
- Place a few costume and accessory pieces that correspond to each character inside a laundry basket at the finish line.
- Signal the kids to start. The object is to run toward the finish line, dig through the pile of clothes to find each character’s dress-up components, put them on and run back to the start line. First one there wins!
Make Your Own Superhero
Your guests love The Avengers, but we bet they’ll love being their own superhero even more! Set up a table with paper and drawing supplies and encourage your budding superheroes to design their own masks, logos, capes, shields and any other costume accessories that they can imagine. On another sheet of paper, urge them to draw a comic book of their character or write a story featuring their character that they can share. Of course, after all that, don’t forget to let them go out and play pretend in their new costumes!
Capture the Flag
Divide the kids into two teams. Each team will get a differently colored flag. On your count, have the teams hide their flags on their side of the field. (The yard must be divided into halves, one for each team.) Once the flags are hidden, give the yell go. The object of the game is to capture the other team's flag without getting tagged.
If a player is tagged in the other team's territory, they are put in jail. The only way to get free from jail is if a player from your team tags you. If this happens you must both run back to the safety of your team's side in order to avoid being tagged again by the opposite team. The first team to capture the opposing team's flag saves the day!